Coming Soon: 101 Reasons vs NaNoWriMo
I've recently conducted email interviews with some participants in NaNoWriMo, to find out why they think NaNo is a good idea, and not a total waste of time, and possibly even talent.
The interviewees range from seasoned amateurs to genuine, honest-to-goodness got-paid-for-it published novelists. They can't all be utterly wrong-headed, can they? We'll see later this week, but for now, here's a taste of what was said:
"I used to have a (real) life. Honest. I swear."
"My fingers are so calloused I can't feel my keyboard."
"There are no perks unless you count people looking at you funny if you happen to mention what you're doing."
"Calling 50k words a novel is daft."
"Most people can't tell jokes, much less stories."
"Hard to write a novel while pushing a melon out of your crotch."
"I agree some people should not write. Ever."
Stay tuned.